Kids should know how to be safe and act responsibly at the playground. Here are some general rules that we teach Kids.
· Never push or roughhouse while on jungle gyms, slides, seesaws, swings and other equipment.
· Use equipment properly — slide feet first, don’t climb outside guardrails, no standing on swings, etc.
· If you jump off equipment, make sure that you check to make sure that there are no other children are in the way. When you jump, land on both feet with knees slightly bent.
· Leave bikes, backpacks and bags away from the equipment and the area where you’re playing so that no one trips over them and falls.
· Playground equipment should never be used if it is wet, because moisture causes the surface to be slippery.
· During the summertime, playground equipment can become uncomfortably or even dangerously hot, especially metal slides. So use good judgment — if the equipment feels hot to the touch, it’s probably not safe or fun to play on.
· Don’t wear clothes with drawstrings or other strings at the playground. Drawstrings, purses and necklaces could get caught on equipment and accidentally strangle a child.
· Wear sunscreen when playing outside even on cloudy days, so that you don’t get sunburned.